In accordance with The General Education Act, 2012, the strategic goals of the National General Education Policy are as follows:
“The education system in the Republic of South Sudan will be directed towards meeting the following goals:
1. Eradicate illiteracy, improve employability of young people and adults and promote lifelong learning for all citizens;
2. Provide equitable access to learning opportunities for all citizens to address inequalities in education provision;
3. Achieve equity and promote gender equality and the advancement of the status of women;
4. Contribute to holistic personal development of each learner and to the moral, social, cultural, political and economic development of the nation;
5. Promote national unity and cohesion;
6. Enhance the quality of education through a robust inspection programme to encourage a culture of innovation and continuous school improvement and effectiveness; and
7. Develop and promote a general scientific approach in education.”
Check all the Civil Society organizations we work with.
Browse the latest press released from the ministry.
Check out the upcoming events we scheduled.
Within the last decade, the South Sudan education system has taken significant steps in improving enrolment and retention through discharging its legal mandate of free and compulsory education of quality for all. This has been done through the implementation of social interventions in areas of policies, standards and implementation mechanisms. As a Ministry, we have also recognized that although the Republic of South Sudan became a full member of the International Community after gaining Independence in 2011, it is yet bound by all charters and protocols pertaining to child rights to life, protection and to acquiring leaning of high quality.Read more about us
|93,192 ||172,661|| 1,907,976||149,671 ||1,157||1,897 |